What you believe is true in your life. People have all manner of beliefs that prevent them from experiencing happiness in their lives. They hold these beliefs and use them to interpret all the events that occur in their lives. Ask yourself: Do your beliefs serve you well, do they make you feel stronger or do they weaken your life?
You may find this question strange but it is one that can open up a whole new understanding if people pursue it. Let us take a look at some of the beliefs people carry around that prevent them from being totally happy.
I can only be happy when I won the lottery, you may ask yourself what is wrong with this belief. All of us dream of the day when we are debt free. However no matter how little or how much money people have, everyone has to manage their money.
Only if my divorce comes through, can I be happy! The problem with this belief is that there are so many variables. The divorce settlement may take a long time. Are you really going to give up all opportunities for an unknown period of time? Many people in spite of an expectation of happiness (if the divorce is settled) feel very sad when a divorce finally comes through even if the marriage was not healthy.
I have a medical condition, or a bad marriage, or an addiction, or a rebellious child…..and gave that the reason why they can not be happy. As we go through life, most of us will face some life challenge. Are we all to accept such a limited view of our capacity for happiness?
Thankfully, happiness is not a result of our circumstances! Happiness is a result of our frame of mind! We can and must become more aware of our limiting beliefs and change them and by doing that we increase our capacity for happiness.
You deserve to be happy!
With the countless negativity the world brings about, how can we stay motivated? Try these tips from A to Z… and become motivated.
A – Achieve your dreams. Avoid negative people, things and places. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”.
B - Believe in your self and in what you can do.
C - Consider things on every angle and aspect. Motivation comes from determination. To be able to understand life, you should feel the sun from both sides.
D - Don’t give up and don’t give in. Thomas Edison failed once, twice, more than thrice before he came up with his invention and perfected the light bulb. Make motivation your steering wheel.
E - Enjoy. Work as if you don’t need money. Dance as if nobody’s watching. Love as if you never cried. Learn as if you will live forever. Motivation takes place when people are happy.
F - Family and friends are life’s greatest “F” treasures. Don’t loose sight of them.
G - Give more than what is enough. Where does motivation and self improvement take place at work? At home? At school? When you exert extra effort in doing things.
H - Hang on to your dreams. They may dangle in there for a moment, but these little starts will be your driving force.
I - Ignore those who try to destroy you. Don’t let other people to get the best of you. Stay away from toxic people - the kind of friends who hates to hear about your success.
J - Just be yourself. The key to success if to be yourself and the key to failure is to try to please everyone.
K - Keep trying no matter how hard life may seem. When a person is motivated, eventually he sees a harsh life finally clearing out, paving the way to self improvement.
L - Learn to love your self. Learn to accept yourself for who you are.
M - Make things happen. Motivation is when your dreams are put into work clothes.
N - Never lie, steal or cheat. Always play a fair game.
O - Open your eyes. People should learn the horse attitude and horse sense. They see things in two ways - how they want things to be and how they should be.
P - Practice makes perfect! Practice is about motivation. It lets us learn repertoire and ways on how can we recover from our mistakes.
Q - Quitters never win, and winners never quit. So, choose your fate - are you going to be a quitter? Or a winner?
R - Ready yourself. Motivation is also about preparation. Proper planning prevents poor performance.
S - Stop procrastinating! Get up and try again.
T - Take control of your life. Discipline or self control jives synonymously with motivation. Both are key factors in self improvement.
U - Understand others. If you know very well how to talk, you should also learn how to listen. Yearn to understand first and to be understood the second.
V - Visualize it. Motivation without vision is like a boat on a dry land.
W - Want it more than anything. Dreaming means believing. And to believe is something that is rooted out from the roots of motivation and self improvement.
X - X Factor is what will make you different from the others. When you are motivated, you tend to put on ‘extras’ on your life like extra time for family, extra help at work, extra care for friends and so on.
Y - You are unique. No one in this world looks, acts or talks like you! Value your life and existence because you’re just going to spend it once!
Z - Zero in on your dreams and go for it!!
” Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest parts of their heart” Unknown
For as long as I can remember, I have consciously focused on kindness as a walking meditation. Initially, a commitment to kindness can start with a morning prayer or stepping out of one’s daily schedule for a moment to be quiet and affirm one’s commitment to look for opportunities to be kind. Over time, when these practices sink deeply enough into our hearts and souls, being a bearer of small acts of kindness can become a powerful way of life.
If I am having a hard day, a small act of kindness from a friend or loved one offers comfort deeper than words. A hug or an arm around my shoulders can melt my tension or my tears. A bouquet of flowers can make me smile. On a good day, a small act of kindness magnifies the joy. It is always the right time to offer small acts of kindness. Being a bearer of kindness can make you a ‘magical stranger’ in the life of a loved one or even a total stranger.
Some ideas of small ways to brighten someone’s day:
- Be fully present to the person in front of you. Your full presence is a special gift. It can make someone feel like they really matter, that they are seen or that they are not alone. Stopping, taking a deep breath and really looking at someone, gently witnessing and sensing how they are feeling can be a quiet and gentle gift.
- Help someone who appears to be lost or looking for something. If a person in your aisle in the supermarket seems lost, ask if you might be able to help them find something. If someone on the street looks like they need directions, stop and ask if you can help them find their way.
- When a big moment is coming up in a loved one’s life, offer your support. If a loved one is going to a medical test, offer to go with them. If a close friend is going for an important interview, ask if they would like to talk it through before they go.
- When you greet someone or take leave, make it a habit to give them a hug. The ritual of greeting and bidding adieu to someone with a loving gesture, instills a spirit of love and good will.
- Make it a habit to tell loved ones that you love them. These words are often hard to say and they are not nearly said enough to the ones we love. Speak your love abundantly.
- Make time to listen. Sometimes a stranger needs a magical stranger who can listen for a little while. They may be your neighbour on the trainer at the gym or someone whose path you cross on the sidewalk. It can even be a family member, partner or friend who could really use a bit of your listening ear and heart.
- Make a special effort to give loved ones the things they most need and want. Sometimes we react by pulling away when a loved one says they want or need something. In our culture ‘need’ is often a four letter word. There is incredible power in freely and spaciously giving someone something they want or need, be it a foot rub, their favorite meal or even a special loving glance.
- Adopt an attitude of ‘how can I help you?’ If you walk around life with a ‘how can I help you’ framework, you will find yourself discovering many opportunities to offer small acts of kindness.
- Learn your loved ones ‘ love language’. The ways we have learned to give love may not match up entirely with the way our friends and loved ones most feel loved. Whether it be a touch of your hand, gentle words, a thoughtful gift, special time or an act of service, any one of these actions can be felt as particularly loving when it translates to a loved one’s love language. It is cool to be kind!
Everyone wants to be happy - but the question is how?
What do we need in order to be happy? Love and money is the most common things people think about or feel they need to be happy. Love and money are extremely important elements to have in our lives. But, putting those aside, let’s concentrate on how to find happiness in the little things in your life.
Little things like drinking a milk shake or walking through the park or a call from a friend can make you happy. By starting to show appreciation for those little things that happen in your everyday lives, will lessen your stress and allow you to notice the small stuff much more. ” Take time to smell the roses” is exactly what I am suggesting. You will become a much happier person if you can learn to become happy in the little things in life.
Some useful tips to keep in mind:
- When you are feeling down or depressed, go out and treat yourself to the foods that you love. It is one of the simplest things that many people take for granted. They forget that not everyone in the world can enjoy a delicious meal. Not all the people around the globe get to enjoy the things that you are enjoying. You are already considered lucky by just having the opportunity to eat healthy food. So be happy and truly grateful for the privilege of abundance.
- Surround yourself or set yourself up in comfortable surroundings. This could be a loving partner, an understanding family, good friends or a comfortable home. These things seem to help people feel a sense of contentment and happiness. It also encourages a sense of security which will help you find happiness in the little things in your life. One should always feel happy to know that you are safe and secure. A night of peaceful sleep and sweet dreams is something many yearn for but never experience. Consider yourself lucky if you are safe and secure.
- Be patient, but focused on your dreams and desires. Many people desire things and want them immediately. It is like they want to have it at the snap of their fingers and if they don’t get it, life becomes stressful and depressing for them and they tend to think that they can’t find happiness. This is definitely the wrong attitude to have to ensure a comfortable and successful life. As long as you are focused on your desires in a positive way every day, you will eventually attain those things.
The Universe always listens to us. If you are constantly thinking negative thoughts, you will end up receiving negative things in your life. But if you think positive you will end up receiving positive things in your life. Always remember that there is a silver lining to every dark cloud and whatever is dark in your life right now, know that this shall pass.
Appreciate what you have today and build on that. If you have a strong desire for more money, focus on more money coming into your life and not on how little money you have today. Work hard and stay focused, so when the time comes that you achieve your goal, you will have the feeling of happiness and contentment. These are the things that sometimes we tend to forget about.
If you decide to take a new approach to life and try these simple steps, you will be pleasantly surprised on how easy it is to find happiness in the little things in our everyday lives. Happiness is every where!
#1: I am fighting hard for the things I want most
* The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives.
* Most great things don’t come easy, but they are worth waiting for and fighting for.
#2: I am taking action now
* Many great things can be done in a day if you don’t always make that day tomorrow!
#3: I am focusing on the next positive step
* The future holds nothing but endless potential.
* There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
#4: I am proud to wear my truth
* How you see yourself means everything.
* To be beautiful means to live confidently in your own skin.
#5: I have a lot to smile about
* Happiness is not a result of getting something you don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what you do have.
#6: I am making the best of it
* Everything you go through grows you.
* Amazing things can and do happen when you least expect them.
#7: I am letting go of yesterday’s stress
* Leave behind the stress, the drama and the worries. Lay this day to rest.
* Tomorrow is about hope, new possibilities and the opportunity to make a better day.
#8: There is enough time today to do something I love doing
* You will find happiness in doing the things you love to do – set time aside to do it.
#9: I am priceless in someone’s eyes
* Focus on those who love and accept you for who you are and shower them with the love and kindness they deserve.
* Cherish the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else.
#10. It is not too late
* No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change and become a better version of yourself!
Strive for that!